Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm Taking a Break


Just within the last week "RevKev's Blog" has picked up a few new followers ('misguided souls' might be more accurate) and I wanted to do something "nice" (I know .. totally against my nature) to reward these newbies for their support and vote of confidence.

So...

I am taking a blogging break.

That's right.

I need it .. and more importantly .. YOU need it.

When I started this labor of love/big fat hairy mess (it is a little of both) back in 2008, I just wanted to learn about blogging.

Everyone (translated: all the losers) seemed to be doing it and I had no pre-conceived ideas or goals (just like in real life) for my little piece of the world wide web.

Much to my surprise, this thing has skyrocketed (37 followers, you know) and become the "buzz" in the greater Humboldt area .. okay, it's a distant third behind Earl Privett's double-jointed antics and rumors that we might be getting yet another BBQ place in town (I think we're up to five or six at this point).

My point is, people do talk about it... when pressured to do so.

However, since the schools are on "Fall Break" ... I'm taking one, as well (Bloggers Gone Wild on Fall Break, Volume I .. coming soon).

If you have trouble quitting "cold turkey (sometimes it is like that with bad habits)," take a look at the archives. There should be plenty of good reading material there (yes, I still have a problem with lying).

Like MacArthur, I shall return... maybe.

"And the king said unto the man of God, Come home with me, and refresh thyself." - I Kings 13:7a

No comments: