Thursday, June 17, 2010

All My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready to Go


Well, Cheryl and Megan, two women who like to get their beauty rest and "sleep in" when at all possible (and occasionally, when it's not possible), were somehow able to rise "in the wee small hours of the morning" yesterday and be ready and waiting early for their 4:45 a.m. ride to arrive.

I suppose a "girl trip" to Destin, Florida (or destin-ation unknown, for that matter) is a strong motivator for these two (information that just might come in handy sometime in the future) and more effective than any alarm clock (they never even hit snooze .. not once) or encouraging word .. let's go!! .. let's go!! .. you're gonna be late!! .. from me.

There is just something exciting about taking a trip and leaving all your cares behind.

Too bad I'm one of those cares .. who can be a real pain in the behind!

The good news is they will come back refreshed, relaxed and ready to take on the world.

So, it is well worth it .. for them.

The bad news is they will come back refreshed, relaxed and ready to take on the real world, where I have been living all week .. restless, rankled, and resentful.

Can you tell I don't much like "batching" it?

"And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone .." - Genesis 2:18a

No comments: