Monday, June 14, 2010

Delta Delays Daddy's Darling Daughter


I was really looking forward to seeing my daughter (she hasn't been home since Christmas) last night at 8:55 p.m. when I picked her up at the airport.

Unfortunately, that didn't and won't happen until today.

Yesterday afternoon (less than an hour before Cheryl and I were to leave for the Nashville International Airport), Megan called to say her flight from Wilmington had been delayed. This meant she would also miss her connecting flight (which was the last one of the day) to Nashville.

Her options were to spend Sunday night in Atlanta or wait until Monday and "try, try again."

She chose the latter.

Delta Air Lines has had several slogans over the course of their 80 plus year history:
  • Speed, Comfort and Safety - 1929 (choose any two)
  • Speed, Comfort and Convenience - 1930s (evidently safety was no longer an option)
  • The Airline of the South - 1940 (Yankees ain't welcome)
  • DELTA the Airline with the BIG JETS - 1959 (It's not so much about the size of the jets .. but what you do with them)
  • Delta Is Ready When You Are - 1968-1984 (I don't think so .. I was ready yesterday)
  • Delta Gets You There - 1984-1987 (Sit down, shut up and stop touching your brother)
  • We Love to Fly and It Shows - 1987-present (We Love to Fly .. When We Want ... Guess We Showed You)
If everything goes as planned (or rather, planned B), I'll see "bg" (she will always be my 'baby girl') at 1:45 p.m. today.

If I get a call and find there as been yet another delay .. I'll be more than happy to suggest a new slogan.

Did I ever mention patience was not one of my virtues?

"And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly .." - Revelation 12:14a

No comments: