Thursday, June 24, 2010

It Comes in Spurts


In music ministry there are certain times of the year when I find myself running like a chicken with its head cut off (example, the Christmas season) and because there are not enough hours in the day, I usually meet myself coming and going and .. (insert your own cliché here).

Summer is not normally one of those times.

The months of June, July and August are naturally geared toward youth and children's activities because they have more free time on their hands when school is out, but choirs .. not so much (a perfect example is last night's rehearsal attendance .. it looked like the Rapture had occurred).

Music related activities may come to a standstill during the summer, but ministry needs continue all year long.

For me, today is "hospital day" (no, it's not a national holiday) and we have two members having surgery this morning .. one in Jackson and the other, Memphis. I will probably end up being a day late and a dollar short (why am I on this cliché kick??), but I'm going to try to see both.

If that is going to happen, I need to get off this computer immediately and get in the shower.

So .. I am.

"And as thy servant was busy here and there, he was gone." - I Kings 20:40a

No comments: