Monday, June 21, 2010

Cooling Off ... Period


Summer has really gotten off to a great??? start.

It is going to be another "scorcher" here in West Tennessee today .. and tomorrow .. and .. all week, it appears.

According to the forecast, temperatures will reach 100 today. However, when you factor in 45% humidity, it will feel like it is 108 degrees.

If you live in Arizona and New Mexico, you expect these kind of temperatures (of course it is a dry heat .. just like .. in my oven). It is also commonplace in foreign lands ... like Jordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and .. Southern California.

But in Tennessee? In the month of June?

If you recall, it did the very same thing last summer.

I don't have a good memory (it's the first thing to go, they say .. the second is .. I don't recall what the second thing is .. let me get back with you on that one), but this blog has an archive (so you can relive each thrilling entry over .. and over .. and over, again) that I refer to from time to time and in June of 2009 I was also blogging about the hot weather (day after day of temperatures in the upper 90s).

We're having a heat wave .. a tropical heat wave.

Irving Berlin: musician and meteorologist.

"Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, I will melt them, and try them .." - Jeremiah 9:7a

No comments: