Monday, August 9, 2010

Another Marvelous Monday


Yesterday's post (or rather, 'non post'.. Sunday is my day of rest, you know) suggested if you visited "RevKev's Blog" today, I would "try to make it worth your while."

Unfortunately .. that ain't gonna happen.

I wrote that blog entry (or rather, 'non entry' .. Sunday is my day of rest, you know) without thinking through (a major character flaw of mine) this morning's hectic schedule which includes a trip to the church office at 7:30 to pick up music for a meeting that will take place immediately after an 8:20 doctor's appointment in Jackson.

Of course, I still have to complete music plans for tonight's AN AWESOME AUGUST (basically, Sunday night on Monday night with different .. aren't they all?? .. preachers each week) service and setup for my SonShiners Choir rehearsal @ 1:30 PM.

The 8:20 appointment is a two week check-up (appropriately named because I will have to bring a check up to the counter before the doctor will see me) after my hernia surgery where he can admire his handiwork (he also does exquisite jack-o-lanterns, I am told) and I can ask any questions like: "What do you think of this incision, as a hole? .. make that, as a whole?"

The clock is ticking and I need to finish things up here, so please forgive me for yet another lame post.

Come back tomorrow and I will try to make it worth ...

Oh, who am I trying to fool?

"And hope does not disappoint us .." - Romans 5:5a

1 comment:

Ken Alexander said...

Kevin,
I hope your checkup is good.

I know what you mean about your blog. I have to post some rather dull ones myself from time to time. Mine is mainly for family and some close friends. I decided to do the blog rather than an email a day to those who are interested. I was hoping they would subscribe to it and I wouldn't have to send emails. Am I a dreamer or what? I think one person, my son, has subscribed and the rest of them can't figure it out. I still have to send them an email to let them know when I publish it

I miss getting to see you. I suppose chances of us getting together are slim to none.

Anyway, keep up the good work.