Monday, August 16, 2010

It's No Laughing Matter


I have a Facebook friend who has become famous for two things (four, if you count shopping and an insatiable appetite for Wavy Lay's potato chips): 1) posting "quotable quotes" as status updates and 2) mentioning obscure "holidays" and "observances" that might not otherwise be known by the general public (one of the great military minds of this century).

Since coming up with "blog fodder" on a regular basis has become increasingly more difficult (this albatross is in its third year), I have (on more than one occasion, of late) been inspired (a kinder way of saying .. stolen the idea) to use some of these findings for my own personal gain or .. the greater good, if you will.

Today is National Tell a Joke Day .. seriously, I read it on Facebook .. and I want to encourage everyone to participate.

I'll get things started:

He was a mediocre conductor of a mediocre orchestra and he had been having problems with the basses; they were the least professional of his musicians. In fact, earlier that evening he found them celebrating one of their birthdays by passing a bottle around. It was the last performance of the season, Beethoven’s 9th Symphony, which required extra effort from the bass section at the end of the piece. As the conductor was about to cue the basses, he knocked over his music stand. The sheet music scattered. As he stood in front of his orchestra, his worst fear was realized; it was the bottom of the 9th, no score and the basses were loaded.

If you can make just one person smile today, you have made the world a better place to live.

If you can make several people smile today .. can you tell me how you did it?

I'm in desperate need of some new material.

"I will change my expression, and smile." - Job 9:27b

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thank you - I needed that!! You have NO idea how much.

RevKev♫ said...

Are you all settled in?

Anonymous said...

*Moan*

RevKev♫ said...

'Moan now. Don't be a hater.