Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Drain, Drain Go Away


If you read yesterday's post, you know I went on and on about my busy schedule and how fatigued I was .. which reminds me of a story:

An exhausted blonde dragged herself in to the doctor's office. "Doctor, there are dogs all over my neighborhood. They bark all day and all night, and I can't get a wink of sleep."

"I have good news for you," the doctor answered, rummaging through a drawer full of medications. "Here are some new sleeping pills. A few of these and your trouble will be over."

"Great," the blonde answered, "I'll try anything."

A few weeks later the blonde returned looking even worse. "Doc, your plan is no good. I'm more tired than before!"

"I don't understand how that could be", replied the doctor, shaking his head. "Those are the strongest pills on the market."

"That may be true," answered the blonde, "but I'm still up all night chasing those dogs and when I finally catch one they won't swallow the pill.”

Today, I would like to share with you about my draining sinuses (yes, it's draining cats and dogs .. and they are scratching like crazy).

If you find this all hard to swallow .. you know exactly how I feel.

I have a sore throat and it is killing me.

There. I feel better getting that off my chest .. which is exactly where all that drainage is starting to settle (I sound a lot like Daphne the 'fun girl' with the raspy voice from the old Andy Griffith Show .. hey, doll)

Hopefully, this will be short-lived and I will be able to write about something more interesting next time.

Like .. my hernia.

"Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins." - Psalm 25:18

No comments: