Thursday, May 20, 2010

Look for the ReUnion Label


For the past few weeks we have been receiving invitations from a number of seniors who have fulfilled all the academic requirements enabling them to "walk the line" (Johnny Cash would have been so proud) at their high school's upcoming graduation exercises (I'm not quite sure how they are going to do jumping jacks and toe touches in those robes???).

Although it is hard for me to believe (like the reality of global warming .. and the authenticity of studio wrestling), 35 years ago I was doing the very same thing (of course it was different back then .. leg lifts and push-ups) at South Side High School in Jackson.

This week, several from the class of '75 (man, everyone else I graduated with sure looks old!!) met to start the planning process for a reunion that will take place in September and we were all given assignments (great .. just like being back in high school .. I think I'll wait 'til the last minute .. that's the way I did things in the old days).

Because of my organizational skills and online computer savvy, I was asked to contact all former classmates who are on Facebook .. actually it was like an old episode of M*A*S*H where Hawkeye, BJ and Radar were trying to capture a wounded mare.

Hawkeye asked if anyone had any experience with horses and BJ said, "I stepped in some manure once" to which Hawk replied, "You're in charge."

Since I "stepped in some manure once" (I own a computer and I'm a member of this sometimes controversial social network), like Sherlock Holmes, I will attempt to solve the "mystery of the missing classmates" by searching FB's list of high schools.

If that doesn't work I might have to go back even further .. like to junior high or even ..

Elementary, my dear readers.

"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:13

No comments: