Monday, May 10, 2010

Just a Mundane Monday


Most people dread Mondays because it means their weekend is over and it is time to get back to work.

This is the case with me, too .. usually.

However, not today.

Today is the only normal day (one man's normal is another man's crazy) I will see this week and even though it will be busy (staff meeting all morning .. noontime prayer gathering .. SonShiners rehearsal .. etc.), I am actually going to enjoy (did I really say that??) it.

Tomorrow (Cheryl's birthday) morning my dad will have knee surgery (I think he 'blew it out' with all the running he does back and forth to church) in Jackson.

In the afternoon I will drive to Memphis to catch a plane to Brunswick, GA (there's a three and a half hour layover in Atlanta .. yippie) and then head over to Jekyll Island (around 10:30 PM) where I will be "suffering for Jesus" for a couple of days at an event called Seniors Singing by the Sea (yes, hangin' with the oldies .. again).

Wednesday night I will have the opportunity/privilege/misfortune (it could be any .. or all) to speak to around five hundred senior citizens who are expecting to hear Christian songwriter and comedian, Aaron Wilburn (he received a kidney transplant on May 6, so he won't be able to be there .. duh).

I can't wait to hear the reaction when the emcee says, "Ladies and Gentlemen .. Kevin Hamilton" (who? .. where's Aaron Wilburn?? .. I want my money back .. Mildred, let's just go on to the room).

Like children, senior adults say exactly what they think .. oh, joy.

If all goes as planned, I will fly out on Thursday (unless the powers that be think it wise to transport me by dark of night immediately after my hour and fifteen minute presentation) and return to Humboldt just in time for YYs (FBC's senior adult .. what else would you expect? .. group).

On Friday, I drive to Livingston, Tennessee for a two o'clock Tennessee Mens Chorale rehearsal and we sing that evening at 7 PM.

Depending on how I feel afterward, I will either drive back to Humboldt (about three and a half or four hours) or stop along the way and spend the night.

I do have a regular job (as of this writing) I try to work in between "gigs" so that means I must also plan next Sunday's service, prepare for rehearsals, visit the hospitals, etc. .. sometime during the week, as well.

Like I said ..

Just a mundane Monday.

"And as thy servant was busy here and there, he was gone." - I Kings 20:40a

No comments: