Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tap Tap Revolution

The United States Congress has officially deemed May 25th as National Tap Dance Day (it is the actual birth date of hoofer Bill 'Bojangles' Robinson .. remember his dance with Shirley Temple in The Littlest Rebel? .. classic!) and I am so glad this dying art is getting the attention it so richly deserves.

Although I don't have the good fortune of being a dancer myself (I never really had a chance .. I'm white and Baptist .. those two obstacles are almost insurmountable), I do have a great appreciation for those who can dance .. or at least think they can.

After watching these guys, perhaps there is still hope for me.


"A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance." - Ecclesiastes 3:4a

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am speechless!! Think I might have recognized one of the guys as a former Bartlett Elementary 5th grader that performed in one of my plays!! ya THINK??????

RevKev said...

Could be!! Hope you enjoyed your trip.