Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm Tired Today .. and I'm Not Lion

The closing lines of Robert Frost's Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening declare: But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep.

This is a perfect description of last week.

After flying to and from Jekyll Island (Tuesday through Thursday .. don't forget to add that 190 mile roundtrip Memphis International Airport commute), driving to and from Livingston, Tennessee (485 miles) for a concert on Friday and riding to and from Nashville (300 miles) on Saturday (btw, because of a clogged fuel filter the bus would slow to a crawl on hills .. at one point Mennonites were passing us), those words have new meaning.

It's Monday and I'm so tired .. I'm so tired I .. okay, I've got nothing (me with nothing to say? .. this IS serious).

Life is full of choices and if I could just say no (or to be polite, no.. thank you) more often, I would be in much better shape, mentally (well, maybe not much better .. but perhaps a little better).

Since I often set my own schedule, some of you naysayers are saying .. nay .. you made your bed, now lie in it.

Oh, I would if I could .. and I'd sleep until noon!

"Thus I was; in the day the drought consumed me, and the frost by night; and my sleep departed from mine eyes." - Genesis 31:40

No comments: