Thursday, July 1, 2010

Are We There, Yet?


Today is July 1 (who needs a calendar when you have this blog at your disposal?), the 182nd day of the year (the 183rd .. if it's a leap year). This means we are at the halfway point of 2010 and there are 183 days left in the year.

When I was a kid, it seemed like Christmas would never get here. In fact, I'm pretty sure back then there had to be like 72 hours or so just between Christmas Eve and Christmas morning.

Now, that I am an adult (yes, I am an adult .. according to the dictionary) and responsible (yes, I am responsible .. according to .. my job description) for preparing and presenting Christmas music, the month of December gets here way too soon.

Time certainly does march on (ah yes .. March .. sometimes Easter comes in March .. grrrr) and if you're not careful, you can get trampled to the ground during the procession.

The cold hard facts are .. as we continue to mature (yes, I am ... okay, you got me on that one) .. it's a nice way of saying "get old" .. every day passes so quickly.

They say (I'm still uncertain who they really are???) that "time flies when you're having fun."

I'm here to tell you, it also flies with each passing year.

Of course, there is one exception.

At age 50 I had a colonoscopy and in preparation for that "glorious event" the nurse gave me an enema and said, "Now, hold this for at least five minutes."

It was like Christmas Eve, all over again .. minus the visions of sugar plums, of course.

"And the sun stood still..." - Joshua 10:13

1 comment:

TWI said...

Haha!!! :)