Monday, July 19, 2010

Let's Change the Subject


First Baptist Church's F.I.S.H. Camp 2010 is now in the history books (great job, boys and girls, youth and adults .. you done good!!) and I declare this blog a "fish free zone" (admittedly, I went a little overboard on the subject the last seven days) for .. at least .. this week.

It never ceases to amaze me how these children can learn an entire musical in a Monday through Friday day camp!

Oh, to have the mind of an eight year old (for the record, I know what you're thinking .. you can keep those comments to yourself).

It was kind of nice having a "theme" this past week, though. It helped me stay focused and gave me a "jumping off" point for each day's entry.

I usually just get up and start typing the first thing that pops into my head (a risky habit, at best).

After yet another sleepless night (I've been awake .. if you can really call it that .. since two o'clock), my mind is pretty much "blank" (again, spare me any smart aleck remarks) this morning.

So, I can ramble and rant here for several more sentences or I can stop this Monday morning "train wreck" dead in its tracks and hope to be rested and witty tomorrow.

For the sake of everyone involved .. I'm pulling the plug.

Perhaps Tuesday I can start filling you in on my upcoming hernia surgery.

Now THAT'S entertainment!

"Allow no sleep to your eyes, no slumber to your eyelids." - Proverbs 6:4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh your poor recovery room nurse. Bless her heart.