Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Days Are Getting Shorter??


I thought the days were supposed to get longer during the summer and shorter during the fall/winter???

Well, so far ... it ain't happening that way!

The last few days have been the longest I have experienced in some time (I'm pretty sure Sunday alone had 25 or 26 hours in it).

Perhaps it is because I am getting older and "burning the candle at both ends" is not as easy as it was back in my younger days (like ... when I was 40).

If it is true that "time flies when you're having fun" ... I must be a man, most miserable (that's not the case at all ... they say 'misery loves company' and I don't have time for company).

I have been so tired the last three nights, I could barely drag myself off the couch (this is understandable, of course ... I weigh 155 pounds and I've had hernia surgery) to go to the bedroom.

When I was little, mom or dad would just pick me up while I was sleeping, carry me to the bed, and tuck me in.

Well, they weren't here (Cheryl refuses to do it .. anymore).

With Saturday's reunion (morning and evening activities) and starting revival services at FBC Lexington on Sunday (the day began with a men's breakfast at 7:30), I have had plenty to keep me busy and out of trouble (I need all the help I can get, you know).

Glancing at my organizer (yeah, I was just kidding about having one of those), it looks like I'll be "keeping my nose clean" for quite a while, if I don't ... "blow it."

".. your servant was busy here and there .."
- I Kings 20:40a

1 comment:

Susan Nelson said...

EEEEWWWWW! I could have done without that last image!