Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Funny You Should Say That


Cheryl and I recently celebrated 30 years of "matrimonial bliss" (that's my assessment .. you'll have to ask her if she concurs .. btw, since I have a fear of rejection .. don't tell me what she says) and I thought that was pretty impressive.

Well, today is the 57th wedding anniversary of husband and wife comedy team, Stiller and Meara, so that makes us mere amateurs.

Despite several obstacles (both are in showbiz .. he's Jewish, she's Catholic .. he's a man, she's a woman...) this couple has managed to "beat the odds" and remain .. a couple.

Laughter is not only a "good medicine" (I just came up with that on my own), it is one of two key ingredients in the recipe for a successful marriage.

The other .. is to be completely genuine.

Once you've learned to fake that, it's smooth sailing.

Here is clip of Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara from an old episode of The King of Queens.

Hang in there.

They say the first 60 years are the hardest.


"
A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives."
- I Corinthians 7:39a

No comments: