Monday, January 11, 2010

(Don't) Breathe On Me


For the past few days I have not been at the top of my game due to a sore throat and ... depending on that particular moment ... either a stuffy nose (when this schnoz closes up ... that's major) or a runny nose (thar she blows!!).

I haven't been through this much Kleenex since the last time I watched "Imitation of Life" on TCM.

If my suspicions are correct, I most likely have a sinus infection (out of respect for my blog fans .. and in case some of you are eating while you read this .. I'll not share how I came to that conclusion .. it ain't pretty) and will need something more than several boxes of tissue to "make it all better."

Since Dr. Murphy isn't at his office on Mondays, I suppose I'll have to "suck it up" .. perhaps "blow it out" is more accurate .. and wait until tomorrow to get some much needed relief.

This may all seem funny to some. I'll assure you ...

It's snot.

"My strength is gone and I can hardly breathe."
- Daniel 10:17b

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

from the other day. can fat people skinny dip, the answer is no but they can go chunky dunkin

Robbie said...

Kevin I feel for you. This has been running around our house for 3 weeks now. You need to go to walmart and get you a netti pot. You wash out your sinus with it. It works and will give you instant releif. Wish we had done it 3weeks ago. It is in the med section of walmart.

Anonymous said...

A FRIEND ONCE SAID TO GET A WIDE MOUTH GLASS AND STICK THREE FINGERS IN IT, THEN FILL IT WITH WHISKEY.LICK YOUR FINGERS THEN SIP THE WHISKEY WHILE TAKING THE HOTTEST SHOWER YOU COULD. THEN GET OUT AND GET CHERYL TO RUB VICKS SALVE ON YOUR CHEST, THEN MAKE MADE PASSIONATE LOVE TO HER. THEN PUT FIVE QUILTS ON TOP OF YOU IN THE BED AND SLEEP ALL NIGHT. HE SAYS YOU WILL BE A NEW MAN IN THE MORNING.

RevKev said...

And everyone thought the WRITER of this blog was "out there"