Tuesday, January 12, 2010

To Breathe or Not to Breathe...


That is the question.

The answer?

"Pat, I'd like to solve the puzzle ... it's NOT to breathe."

Well, even though I was nowhere near Seattle .. I had another sleepless night.

I kept playing that little game .. Where, Oh Where, Is the Air.

Perhaps you are familiar with it.

You start out lying flat on your back. Next, you take a deep breath to determine which nostril has the most airflow.

Since there was about a 20% "intake" through my left nostril and only about 5% through my right (these are only rough estimates and should not be used for scientific evaluation), this meant I would roll over on my left side to begin my "quest for rest."

Eventually, the flow of air will increase in the right nostril .. of course, it's at the expense of the left "blow hole" .. and you must now roll over on your right side.

This continues for several sleepless hours until there is no place to go but up.

So, you get up.

Where, Oh Where, Is the Air.

As far as games go .. not really all that fun.

"Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils." - Isaiah 2:22a

4 comments:

Robbie said...

OH YEA OF LITTLE FAITH. GO TO WALMART.....

RevKev said...

You were the first of three people to suggest the neti pot .. I'm goin' I'm goin'

Allen and Laura said...

Made me think of Aaron Wilburn's song "If my nose was running money..." I had to go to youtube and watch it again.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egCeIwjIuZM

RevKev said...

It's a classic!