Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snow or No Snow? .. That Is the Question


Tonight they are calling for wintry mix (just add water .. and stir) .. then .. wintry mix to snow on Friday morning, snow on Friday night and more snow on Saturday.

This can only mean one thing .. no snow whatsoever in Humboldt.

Sorry for the cynicism (it's so unlike me), but I've gotten my hopes up too many times only to have my dreams dashed and spirit crushed when that "100% chance of snow" turned out being a few flakes with a lot of wind (like some of the Baptist preachers I have encountered over the years).

Perhaps the weather pros are "spot on" this time and we are in for several inches here in West Tennessee.

If that is the case .. great.

However, I'm not willing to get all psyched (I said psyched .. not psycho .. 'Mother, please...!') over the possibility and then end up disappointed .. again.

Who knows.

Many prayers from students and teachers alike (especially teachers) are going up at this time and just the possibility of a long weekend is perhaps the only thing carrying them through the day.

In the meantime, I am going about my regular daily routine (gotta wrap this up .. bathroom break in five) and trying not to think (should be easy .. I rarely do) about it .. too much.

I wonder if our old sled is still in the storage building?

"For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth"
- Job 37:6a

4 comments:

Allen and Laura said...

Laura's already got my "Slick Day" Friday off from work Duty Roster completed, so it'll probably snow 2 feet of snow tonight for sure.

RevKev said...

Same here!

Theology Reflections said...

ok, so am I just blind and can not see nor find the "follow" button for your blog or do you not have one?

RevKev♫ said...

I didn't have a follow button .. I do now. I like to make people work to find this place. You've been warned!