Friday, January 15, 2010

Shower the Papal You Love with Love


Yesterday, I referred to Brentwood as "The Vatican" and my readers who are of the Baptist persuasion were more inclined to get the joke (the Tennessee Baptist Convention offices are located there).

Imagine my surprise .. and delight .. when we finished off the evening with a meal in the "pope room" at Bucca di Beppo on Galleria Boulevard in Franklin.

This room .. complete with mini-Sistine Chapel .. included "papal photos" and other "pope paraphernalia" that made you feel just like you were in Rome .. Rome, Georgia (I think they have one of these restaurants there).

A nice finishing touch was a bust of none other than "His Holiness" in the center of a lazy susan turntable (everything was served family style, so it was the most practical way to pass around the salad and breadsticks) .. now that's classy.

This was one of those occasions when it was obvious who was most qualified to bless the food.

Since our own Executive Director is retiring in August, I'd like to suggest we "honor" him in a similar fashion.

Is anyone good at woodcarving?

"And I--in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness."
- Psalm 17:15

1 comment:

Paul Clark Jr said...

I think your laryngitis will clear up with four "Hail Charlottes." Enjoyed hearing you squeak out some funnies yesterday