Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Seven Year Itch?


Well, I received a diagnosis from Dr. Murphy yesterday and yes .. once again .. I am allergic to penicillin (I asked for a second opinion .. he said I was ugly, too).

I say "once again" because one time when I was a kid it made me really dizzy.

Because of this, I used other alternatives (burying chicken bones under the front steps in a brown paper sack during a full moon does not work .. promise) for a good while.

Within the last ten years, when penicillin seemed to be the best route to go .. there's this really tricky curve on the way to the stomach .. I was put back on the antibiotic with no side effects whatsoever ...

Until three days ago when I developed this terrible rash .. as Jonathan Winters would say, "all over my body" (I've confirmed this .. with a mirror).

Now, I am on a "z-pack."

Hopefully, it will get the job done and get me back on the road to good health with no new side effects.

Wait. Is that place in the middle my forehead the start of what looks like a third eye?

Where's the phone book?

"And if it spread much abroad in the skin, then the priest shall pronounce him unclean: it is a plague."
- Leviticus 13:22

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Z-Packs are the best! Sorry you are having such an itchy time. Hope you will be back to abnormal as soon as possible. Love ya!