Saturday, January 2, 2010

I Blew It .. Big Time

Today is Saturday, January 2 .. for those readers who like to keep up with that kind of stuff. It was on this day in 1941 that the Andrews Sisters recorded a little ditty on Decca Records that became a classic World War II hit.

Here is a clip of "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" from the Abbott and Costello film, Buck Privates (also released in 1941) performed by this terrific trio.

Often imitated, but never duplicated (that's the way I approached writing assignments when I was a student .. if you change the words around just a little bit, you can take credit for someone else's paper), the Andrews Sisters had "tight" harmonies and a wonderful blend (it was morning roast, I believe).

This should help get you going (two cups of coffee do it for me .. but hey, what can I say .. I'm a regular guy) on this cold (19° degrees here in West TN) Saturday morning.

Enjoy!

"But the Spirit of the LORD came upon Gideon, and he blew a trumpet." - Judges 6:34a

No comments: