Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fools Rush in Where Angels Fear to Tread


Today is the first day of the fourth month, April Fool's Day .. or April Fools' Day (Katie, I'm just saving you the trouble of emailing me).

No one knows its actual origin, but if you are able to say, "Your shoe's untied" to someone and make them look .. who really cares.

Practical jokes (unlike the impractical ones) are the order of the day (may I take your order, please? .. do you want fries with that?), so be on the look-out.

If I were a betting man .. which, by the way, I'm not (I'm a Baptist .. that means no betting, drinking or dancing), I'd say people might place me in the prankster/practical joker category.

Nothing could be further from the truth (that's not entirely accurate .. if I said Cory B. Trotz and I were really twins separated at birth, that would be further from the truth .. we had to be at least six months old when that happened).

To me, every day is April 1.

By the way .. your fly is open.

"We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ" - I Corinthians 4:10a

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And did you know there is no entry for "gullible" in Wikipedia?

RevKev♫ said...

You can't trick a trickster. I'm not biting...