Monday, April 5, 2010

Church Is Like a Box of Chocolates


Have you ever felt like you were "going through the motions" at church?

Like you were doing the "same old same old" week in and week out?

When you've led worship for 35 years (has it been that long? .. man, I'm stinkin' old!!) on a regular basis (okay, if truth be told .. I was irregular on occasion) it would be easy to flip on autopilot (I won't be as bold as to say I could lead in my sleep .. evidently, I drool, snore and speak in unknown tongues .. that would be frowned upon by the powers that be) and lead by rote.

Not yesterday.

Murphy's Law was in full force (Louis/Debbie .. it was great having you back from Guatemala but why target me?).

I won't go into detail (reliving the horror might be more than my heart can take), but let's just say things didn't run like a well-oiled machine at FBC.

However, we did escape fairly unscathed (dodging all those bullets I was sweating was a challenge .. believe me) and the Lord was honored despite the devil's best efforts.

Church Music: It's not just a job .. it's an adventure.

"In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears." - II Samuel 22:7

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Isn't that how it always happens? When you are trying to do your very best, things fall apart. It's a good thing we serve a God who loves our messes, too! I'm sure it was a wonderful time of worship.

Unknown said...

Thanks for omitting names to protect the... not so innocent. =]

Debbie Murphy said...

Hahaha Kevin,
Murphys Law is why the Murphys sat in the balcony Easter Sunday... We thought it would help, but to be honest after coming off the mission field the night before we didn't notice anything out of the ordinary Sunday morning...It was just Glorious to be worshipping our Lord in English with our fellow Believers!! As always you and the choir did a Marvelous job of bringing us to the throne...