Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Mourning

I don't like to be the bearer of bad news, but (for those of you who might not know) .. it's Monday.

With the possible exception of The Mamas and the Papas who .. for some strange reason .. found it to be "so good to me" (actually, by the end of the day John Phillips was 'cryin' all the time'), the mere mention of the word is met with scorn.

Of course this is understandable since the arrival of Monday means the end of our coveted week-end which is, as you know, universally "loved by millions" (much like Romanian pan flute artist, Zamfir).

Personally, I welcome this day of the week with open arms.

Our staff meets for most of the morning (from 9 o'clock to probably eleven or 11:30 .. we talk about Sunday's services, important calendar items and swap one-liners) then there is a community-wide (thin townspeople may attend, as well) prayer meeting downtown at 12:15.

At 1:30 PM, I lead an hour rehearsal with the SonShiners .. FBC's choir for "seasoned singers" .. and I usually stay around and "chew the fat" (occasionally there's some gristle) with the members for another 30 minutes or so.

This puts me back in my office by 3 o'clock where I spend the next hour returning the gazillion phone calls I received while I was in staff meeting, prayer meeting and choir.

The most difficult part of the day is appearing to be busy for the next hour. However, since I've been doing this for over 34 years .. that's not really a problem (I am a professional, you know).

Monday. I prefer to call it Fun day.

"Why stand ye here all the day idle?" - Matthew 20:6b

No comments: