Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Remote Chance of Harmony

click on photo to enlarge

I'm a gadget guy (isn't that an oxymoron? .. all guys love gadgets .. or is it all guys are morons??).

Always have been. Always will be.

Cheryl saves her hard earned money each year so she can take a vacation (evidently a week away from me every twelve months is essential for a good, healthy marriage .. I can see it).

Me?

If I'm able to save any extra money at all .. and that's a big IF .. it is used to buy the latest (well, maybe not the latest .. I wait until the prices drop) and greatest ________ (fill in the blank with anything electronic or computer related).

The biggest problem with this addiction (admitting you have a problem is the first step toward recovery .. I believe you can purchase a piece of equipment that helps curb these impulses .. I'm getting one as soon as I save the money) is the number of remote controllers you acquire along the way.

Currently we have at least six at various locations in our den, also known as the Bermuda Triangle.

When I got home from church last night (we had an awesome service with powerful music by our choir and college praise band and a challenging message from Ken Whitten, pastor of Idlewild Baptist Church in Tampa, Florida .. Soli Deo Gloria!), I spent some time setting up my new Harmony One (that's a musical term, so I believe this latest purchase was 'meant to be' and part of a greater plan for my life) remote.

This little jewel will now do the work of every remote we own!

Of course, it can only control up to fifteen devices.

Maybe that can last me for another 12 or 18 months.

"Moreover, David fought Hadadezer son of Rehob, king of Zobah, when he went to restore his control."
- II Samuel 8:3a

3 comments:

jaybee said...

You're way ahead of me. I just bought a Harmony H688 (cheap, on ebay) and finally got it programmed. Now if i can just remember where all the buttons are. (Still saving up for the iPad)

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, you are slippling. I was looking for my daily dose of Rev Kev and it isn't here. My day is going to be bad!

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to be anonymous. I hit wrong button. Sorry