Monday, February 22, 2010

What? It's Monday .. Where's the Snow?


If everything goes as planned, we will have SonShiners choir today.

Of course after being off three Mondays in a row, my senior adults may be out of the routine of coming and forget to show up.

We are such creatures of habit.

Most of us do the same thing day in and day out.

Take me (Cheryl often wishes someone would), for instance. I start my morning .. in mourning .. at 5:30 AM .. or 4:30 .. or 3 o'clock (okay that was a bad example) by stumbling to the coffeemaker (not just any coffeemaker .. the Tassimo TAS1000, by Bosch .. man's best friend) and quickly brew a single cup (sometimes a double .. like this morning) of Starbucks coffee (I'm on a House Blend Mélange Maison kick these days).

After I've been sufficiently caffeinated, I sit down at the old MacBook Pro and begin the blogging process.

Sometimes the words flow freely.

However, often I am in need of some "mental Metamucil" to help get things started.

This inspiration might come from an email, news story, cereal box, or just by looking out the kitchen window .. squirrel!!

Obviously, today is "one of those days" and no amount of fiber is going to get me .. going.

I left the house for church at 6:30 yesterday morning and did not leave there until well after 8 o'clock last night, so my brain is still on autopilot (I know this is so because I typed 'brian' and 'bran' before finally settling on 'brain' .. yep, still in a fog) and my body? .. let's just say science has rejected it.

Speaking of bran .. those of you who are regulars probably come here for a smile or perhaps a chuckle or two (okay, that's pushing it .. a smile).

I am aware that today's post has been "weighed in the balance and found wanting."

For this I am deeply sorry. I hate disappointing you, the reader.

Tomorrow will be better .. yeah, that's gonna happen.

I may often lack humor. However, lying and sarcasm? .. I nail those every time.

"I said of laughter, It is mad: and of mirth, What doeth it?" - Ecclesiastes 2:2

2 comments:

The Blessed Wife said...

Your posts always make me smile and usually give me a chuckle or two as I stare out my SQUIRREL!!! window I miss Humboldt and you and momma cheryl. Hug each other for me!

jidgede said...

you could post the alphabet and i would cackle!!!!!! jennie <><