Friday, November 27, 2009

Be Afraid .. Be Very Afraid


We are told to "fear not" sixty two times in scripture (that's in the King James Version .. the one Jesus carried) and this literally means we should .. fear not.

If the Bible says something just one time I am convinced that makes it truth.

Sixty two times?

That's a mandate .. one of those "get this and get this good .. you can take it to the bank .. beyond a shadow of doubt .. God said it, I believe it, that settles it" truths.

However, I must confess there are still a few things in this old wicked world that frighten me.

These are my top five:
  1. American Idol contestants who don't make the cut (most bring a whole new meaning to 'the day the music died')
  2. Adam Lambert (although he was an A.I. finalist, his voice kind of makes you want to scream .. but you don't have to .. HE is already doing it)
  3. Clowns (no, I've moved past American Idol and Adam Lambert .. but I can understand your confusion)
  4. Speedos (optometrists agree, looking at a guy in one of these for just two minutes is more harmful than staring straight at the Sun nonstop for twelve hours)
  5. The day after Thanksgiving .. Black Friday (people pushing, shoving, punching and biting .. it's enough to make Jerry Springer cry tears of joy)
I may have trouble sleeping, but you're not going to find me lined up around the corner of Best Buy at 4 a.m. in freezing weather waiting to save $8 on a 100 pack of DVD-Rs.

With the internet and places like amazon.com you can get anything you want from the convenience of your own home.

Since I prefer shopping in my pajamas, this seems to be the best solution for me, especially since the manager at Sears kicked me out and asked me to never come back .. in my PJs.

"Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts."
- Deuteronomy 22:11a

1 comment:

G said...

Was that for just the one Sears, or the whole chain?