Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Feeling a Little Run Down


I have been living life in the fast lane (so this is how the chicken felt while crossing the road!!) for the past several weeks and there is no indication of things slowing down any time soon.

One of the first things I do in the morning (okay, it's the second ...) is check Facebook for a list of the day's birthdays .. this is so I can offer a heartfelt Birthy Hapday (my trademark greeting). While doing so, I glance (no time to linger .. there's a blog entry to be written) at "status updates" (as of 5:40 this morning .. I am still white, middle class) of those on my friend list.

This morning, Bradley Gray's status update said: Wednesday on Tuesday, only a Baptist musician with a Christmas program looming could think this up!

How true.

We do come up with some pretty crazy .. translated: lame .. ideas (for instance bonus rehearsal puts a more positive spin on an extra practice .. it sounds like you're doing the choir a big favor by scheduling one .. actually, you are).

Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year (you can quote me, if you wish).

If you dig deep below all the tinsel and lights, you might just see a tiny baby in a humble manger who was and is the Savior of the world.

Peace on earth .. Good will to men (that reminds me .. I have several bags of clothes in my trunk that need to be dropped off).

God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen .. that one will have to wait until after the holidays.

There's no rest for a Baptist musician with a Christmas program looming.

"And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger." - Luke 2:16

4 comments:

Gale Parks said...

Do you serve nerve pills with your blog? Whew! I am tired and run down after reading.

Gale Parks said...

Do you serve nerve pills with your blog? Whew!! I am tired just reading. Have a good Thanksgiving.

Vicki Dale said...

We feel your pain, Rev Kev....just hope we (as in good and faithful choir members) can do our part and make this one as stress free as possible....guess if we came to practice WITHOUT our books would be a positive! Happy Turkey Day...run for your life!

RevKev said...

I was pleased with last night's rehearsal. I think it's going to be great! Happy Thanksgiving to you and crew