Friday, November 13, 2009

Silence Is Golden


Several sanctuary choir members and our instrumentalists assembled at 8 o'clock last night (don't worry, you're getting time and a half based on your normal pay scale .. choir) to test out the new sound system.

Of course they are not totally finished with this project and there are still some kinks to be worked out before Sunday, but all in all .. not bad.

One of my biggest complaints with the old system was all the hiss (I usually only hear this during my stand-up comedy act) and noise it produced.

My hearing is not all that great these days (it's really not that essential in my line of work), but it is still good enough to detect all the "snap, crackle and pop" sounds that our old equipment emitted.

This is understandable. I'm over fifty and have been known to emit an unexplainable sound or two, myself (ah, the joys of aging).

Even though last night's rehearsal didn't let us completely know what to expect on Sunday (btw, I've been in ministry for 34 years .. you never know what to expect on Sunday), one thing is certain .. this new equipment is essentially noise free.

It is clear to me ...

We made a sound investment.

"And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand." - Matthew 15:10

3 comments:

Vicki Dale said...

All in all, I think it's gonna be great....you know us good ole Baptist don't do well with change.....this time, change is good...very good.
BTW you know I was kidding last night about whispering about you! Hee! Hee!

RevKev said...

It would have been better to do last night's run-through on Saturday, but Dinah couldn't be there then, other conflicts, etc. .. Phil still said it would help them be ready for Sunday. This was a MAJOR undertaking and trying to finish in a week was a challenge. I knew you were kidding last night .. plus I never pay any attention to you, anyway :)

Tom T. Kitty said...

All that snap, crackle, & pop was the sound of your joints as you ascend the platform...or is the new term "worship area?"