Tuesday, November 17, 2009

On Your Mark .. Get Set .. GO


We made very good time yesterday and arrived in Pigeon Forge with four hours to spare before our first scheduled activity .. a dinner show at "The Smith Family Theater" (it was an hour and a half of nonstop entertainment .. preceded by a full hour of nonstop meatloaf, chicken, pot roast, etc.).

I was certain most everyone would want to lie down and rest after sitting on the bus for such a long time (I know that was my intent).

I was wrong.

Everyone immediately "took off in all directions" and started "adventure walking" just as soon as they got things settled in to their rooms.

Incredible.

I'm 52 and riding that bus wore me completely out. Most everyone else on this trip is .. well, let's just say .. "over 52" (by a LOT) and it was like they had gotten their "second wind" (another problem that happens when you get older .. I'll save that story for another day) and were ready to kick into high gear!

The elderly never cease to amaze .. and tire me.

I must go finish getting ready for a day full of nonstop "fun."

Now, where did I put those running shoes .... ?

" .. and let us run with patience the race that is set before us." - Hebrews 12:1b

1 comment:

jidgede said...

i LOVE your posts when you talk about your "seniors"...of course, i'm not near THAT age!!!!!! hoping they bring you home safe and sound......