Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's Over in Dover


The series of revival meetings that began four days and 640 miles (I drove back and forth) ago, ended last night with a big bang .. at least that's my theory.

It was youth night and the energy level was markedly higher (children's night ran a close second .. two words: puppets and Kool-Aid) with all the additional 7th through 12th graders in the mix.

They were very attentive and you could have heard a pin drop (actually I did hear a pen drop .. and a hymnal, I think) when Bro. Dale shared a powerful salvation message geared primarily to teenagers.

During the public invitation, several made their way to the altar and "did business with God" (btw, He has a life-time warranty and money-back guarantee) and they were joined by a group of caring adults who came to pray and encourage them.

By the end of the service, a young lady named Arial (keep her in your prayers) who had been led through the plan of salvation by one of the youth workers, made public her profession of faith in Christ!

It was a wonderful way to end a long .. but good .. week.

The congregation was very affirming and many asked me to come back again.

Since my last revival at First Baptist Church in Dover was probably around 1985 (evidently, they can only handle the likes of me every 25 years or so), if they keep up "tradition" that will be in 2035.

I'll be 77 years old and ready to rock the house!

Okay, maybe just ready to .. rock.

".. that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever."
- Psalm 30:12

No comments: