Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Site for Sore Eyes


Some of you more astute readers (if you compute, you must be astute .. when this music thing plays out, I'm seeking employment at the Johnny Cochran Law firm) may have noticed the "hit' counter (and the hits just keep on coming) at the bottom of RevKev's blog rolled over 50,000 last night.

All I can say is .. you really need to get out more.

Of course that number is not entirely accurate (okay, okay .. not even close).

If you read a post and then check it out again later in the day (it's like driving back by the scene of a train wreck .. you don't want to look .. you just can't help it), you are counted a second time.

So, those numbers may not "tell it like it is" .. but they do give me something to blog about on this rainy Thursday morning.

Experts (an expert is anyone away from home .. with a briefcase) say there is a difference between "in town driving" and "highway miles" on your vehicle. However, when it comes to maintenance, the owners manual simply lists what to do at a certain mileage.

At 50,000, you should:
  • Have the vehicle thoroughly inspected by an expert
  • Change the oil filter
  • Examine the tires
  • Check the brakes
  • Check for rust
No doubt RevKev's is in desperate need of a "tune up" and I suppose those same tips could be tweaked and applied here, as well.
  • Have the blog thoroughly inspected by an expert (If you are on Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter .. opinions?)
  • Add a filter (I'm already 'blocked' at the local high school .. too much questionable material, I suppose)
  • Examine the tired .. "same old, same old" (coming up with something fresh daily is a challenge .. obviously I quit trying many months ago)
  • Apply the brakes (okay, sometimes I take things too far and push the limit of decency .. unacceptable behavior for a minister .. of course I'm a music minister and that's different)
  • Cover up all obvious rust (figuratively, rust is a state of deterioration .. need I say more?)
With preventive maintenance, many of today's vehicles can go well over 200,000 miles.

I have my doubts about this clunker and I'm shocked there hasn't already been a recall.

"And I will drive thee .." - Isaiah 22:19a

4 comments:

TWI said...

Whn I first saw the gauge, I thought it was my bathroom scale this morning! Thanks for my morning laugh, astute person!

jidgede said...

so is this a test?? dating your "rainy thursday morning blog" wednesday, march 10?? and no you do not need a tune up....everything is running smoothly....

RevKev♫ said...

TWI, lay off the Wavy Lays (or roll back the odometer). Jidgede .. don't know what happened there. The date automatically appears when I do a new post .. strange.

TWI said...

Ooookay....I will lay off the Wavy Lays, but don't even mention the Snickers.. 'cause that isn't happenin'!! :)