Monday, March 1, 2010

Life in the Fast Lane


I keep saying things are going to slow down around here (why do I say that over and over? .. it's either a nervous habit or I'm schizophrenic). Of course, they never do.

That's alright, though. I often complain about being busy (I often complain about everything .. it's my spiritual gift .. the gift of gripe) , but deep down I know that's a good thing.

I bore easily (I become bored easily, not I easily bore others .. although so far this post has managed to accomplish both) and since "idle hands are the devil's workshop .. or playground" (it just depends on which old-timer you talk to), keeping Kev busy .. keeps Kev out of trouble.

If that really is the case, I should be receiving "time off for good behavior."

It appears this week is no exception.

The West Tennessee Music Ministers (I'm a card-carrying member .. because I live in West Tennessee and I'm a Music Minister .. yes, there are stringent requirements) are singing this morning at Woodland Baptist Church in Jackson.

Tomorrow, I have an Arrangements Committee meeting (it's a Tennessee Baptist Convention thang) in Nashville that I must attend (I missed the last one in December .. if I don't show up Tuesday they have the authority to rescind my baptism).

Wednesday is .. well, Wednesday and with Easter fast approaching (again .. a need for speed) we can't afford to take a quick "pit stop" .. although the choir could use one (they had to board the church bus yesterday at 2:30 .. short afternoon .. and travel to Huntingdon for our second combined choir concert .. great job everyone!!).

I'm not exactly sure what Thursday holds at this point.

I am too afraid to check the calendar.

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us."
- Hebrews 12:1

No comments: