Saturday, March 20, 2010

Look Away ... Dixie Land


They say that birds of a feather flock together (they also say it takes one to know one and don't eat the yellow snow .. but that has nothing to do with this post) and today our little flock (aka the Youth of Yesterday .. or YYs) is flying north (on a Bluebird bus .. no less) to Huntington, Tennessee where we will attend a show at THE DIXIE (to continue the analogy I suppose that would make the women .. Dixie chicks ???).

Most of our day trips are during the week (this is so I can be gone during office hours and still considered working that day .. smart, huh?). However, when this Saturday matinee became available we decided to break tradition and try something new (senior adults really enjoy breaking tradition and trying new things .. much in the same way they enjoy root canals, irregularity and heavy metal bands).

So, we are leaving the church (or flying the coop) at 12:30 today (this means the parking lot will start filling up around 11:15 .. most senior adults like getting up with the chickens and tend to arrive early .. very early) to attend Mandy Barnett's "Salute to the Legendary Ladies of Country" (I have an extra ticket if you want to go, jaybee .. call me) at 2:00 PM.

Afterward, we are eating at a popular Huntingdon restaurant.

You guessed it ... Mallard's.

I just pray no one is in a fowl mood.

"And my hand hath found as a nest the riches of the people: and as one gathereth eggs that are left, have I gathered all the earth; and there was none that moved the wing, or opened the mouth, or peeped."
- Isaiah 10:14

3 comments:

jaybee said...

Sorry, that's a little early for me...

jaybee said...

And, incidentally, in your comment,"most senior adults like getting up with the chickens and tend to arrive early..." the key word is "most." But definitely not all! As Moss Hart once said, "In the entire history of the world, nothing of any significance has ever happened before noon. And if it ever does, I'm sure there will be someone around to tell me about it when I get up."

RevKev♫ said...

You snooze, you lose. A day without steel guitar is like a day without sunshine.