Thursday, March 25, 2010

Somebody's Been Sleeping in My Bed .. Not Me


In the tale of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears," a trio of doglike carnivorans returns to their house in the woods (one can only speculate what the bears were doing in the woods) to find the youngest's porridge plundered, his chair crushed, and the unfortunate baby bear's bed .. bothered.

Let's just face facts.

Goldilocks had to be a psychopath (an individual with an abnormal lack of empathy combined with strongly amoral conduct, masked by an ability to appear outwardly normal) in order to break into someone's home, eat their food, tear up their furniture and then go to sleep .. with a clear conscience.

Evidently, I don't fare as well in the "clear conscience" category since I tossed and turned all night long and got very little sleep.

Much like the fair-haired little girl in this fairy tale, my bed was too hard .. and too soft .. but it was never .. just right.

I suppose there is some consolation in knowing I'm not a psychopath .. I may posses most of the symptoms, but no one can accuse me of appearing outwardly normal.

However, if I knew for certain I could lay my head on a pillow at the end of the day and fall fast asleep, I'm so tired and desperate right now I might be willing to give it a try.

Now that's just crazy talk!

Huh .. perhaps there is hope for me.

" .. his mind was troubled and he could not sleep."
- Daniel 2:1b

No comments: