Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Am Weak but Thou Art Strong


Pick up any newspaper or tabloid these days and you will find at least one story of a celebrity, sports figure, politician or religious leader who has "stumbled and fallen" (that's a nice way of saying 'screwed up') because of their greed, lust for power, dependance on drugs/alcohol or a "roving eye" (that last one can turn even the most rational, intelligent man into a moron .. Have you seen Tiger's wife? .. I rest my case).

Men especially have a difficult time admitting their faults or struggles.

Oh, we have them (just ask our wives). However, admitting it to anyone would show a sign of weakness and men can not be weak (we loosen the tops from pickle jars, for crying out loud!).

Anyone who reads this blog on a regular basis knows I am a very transparent person (except when I stand in front of the television while Cheryl's trying to watch HGTV .. apparently).

That is why I am going to share with you the one thing that has been my downfall in the past.

My weakness has been .. five dollar DVDs at Wal-Mart.

Yes, I have a closet full of 'em .. many are unopened.

They say "confession is good for the soul" (in some instances it is good for .. 20 years to life without parole) and I am actually feeling pretty proud of myself right now. Especially, since I no longer struggle with that problem.

Unfortunately, now my weakness is .. ten dollar Blu-ray discs.

"But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed." - James 1:14

2 comments:

TWI said...

I open the pickle jars at my house... but I was taught women were supposed to be strong, too. But, there is only One who really is strong, and only One who is perfect. I am glad to know Him, because I've missed the boat on both counts.

RevKev said...

I've missed the boat, too. We've all been in a "pickle" at times .. no matter who opened the jar. I'm glad we both know the strong, perfect, forgiving One who can get us out of a "pickle" .. or a "jam"