Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Christmas in July at the Hamiltons


Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year (I need to write that down .. it would sure make a great song) for several reasons. Like ..

Singing Christmas Carols (The Bathroom Door Said Gentlemen and Walking Round in Women's Underwear are two of my favorites) and eating Holiday Goodies (with the exception of the "yule log" .. as a general rule I never place anything in my mouth that has the word 'log' in it).

However, one of the biggest attractions of this "special season" is Family Gatherings.

Since we are so spread out (I'm referring to location .. not size .. however, that is another Christmas 'bonus'), this is one of the few times everyone gets to come "home" during the year.

Last night was like Christmas because our family was together for a meal.

Drew was in from Chattanooga (he goes back this morning) and Megan and Will are here (until Thursday) from North Carolina.

This made our immediate family complete.

However, we didn't stop there.

My parents came. Cheryl's parents came (with her nephew, Thomas, from Texas) . My sister and her family were in attendance. Even my cousin Jackie (along with her cat, Harry .. or is it Hairy?) from Michigan joined us.

In all, there were seventeen (not counting the cats) at our place for food, fun and fellowship (sounds like a Baptist function, doesn't it?).

The presents were the only things missing (actually, having everyone here was a 'gift' in itself).

Yes, Christmas came early this year.

Thank you, Lord for your abundant blessings and .. Happy (early) Birthday, Jesus!

"Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice." - John 18:37

2 comments:

Beverly said...

My fav carol is "There's Something Stuck Up in the Chimney". Sounds like we have the same Twisted Christmas CD!

RevKev♫ said...

We must be related, Bev .. my "twisted sister"