Friday, July 31, 2009

Raining (on) Cats and Dogs


Bad weather was the item of business here in West Tennessee yesterday afternoon/evening. Tornado watches and warnings were issued (several were sighted .. some touched down) and our rain gauge showed three and a half inches of precipitation fell (that's a lot of rain in such a short period of time).

Of course, Will and Megan and the "kitty krew" got a late start (shocking, isn't it?) on their journey back to North Carolina.

The original plan was to be on the road in the morning (perhaps by 10:30). That quickly changed to around lunch time.

When "Plan B" fell through, it was to be just after lunch.

They left Humboldt at 3:45 PM .. with strong storms on their tail (the 'strong storms' took over where I left off .. I had been on their tail all morning to hurry up and get on the road!).

Fortunately, they made it to Chattanooga before the weather started getting rough (♪♫ the tiny ship was tossed ♪♫ if not for the courage of the fearless crew ♪♫ the Minnow would be lost .. the Minnow would be lost ♪♫).

Unfortunately, they have a very long second day of driving and it appears they will be traveling in the rain all the way home.

I'm a worrier (it's genetic .. passed down from my mother), so I will be a basket case until my "kiddos" arrive safely at their apartment tonight.

There will be lots of prayers going up today.

I would try to call, but I know they are probably still in bed.

"Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit." - Leviticus 26:4

No comments: