Saturday, July 25, 2009

SonShiners On My Shoulder .. Make Me Stumble


This Sunday night our SonShiners (FBC Humboldt's choir for seasoned singers .. a more polite way of saying 'old people') will "team up" with the Golden Sounds (I hope silence is not golden .. we need the voices) from First Baptist Church, Bolivar for the final presentation of our joint musical, Homeward Bound.

Last week's program in Bolivar went extremely well (no one fell in the choir loft .. that's a successful endeavor in my book when dealing with senior adults .. plus they sounded great) and I expect the same for this Sunday night.

We do have at least one small issue as of this writing.

One of the lead characters in the drama is at home with a bacterial infection and high fever.

No problem. If he isn't able to be there ... okay, problem. However, I'm working on it. I'm working on it.

Whatever happens .. happens.

In Hollywood it's not uncommon for the director to also be an actor (Clint Eastwood, Sydney Pollack, etc.) in their own production.

Hmmm. I just wonder .....

All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.

"The whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint."
- Isaiah 1:5b

No comments: