Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Can't Handle the Pressure


I am now on day three of one of the must horrific sinus headaches I believe I have ever had. My face hurts. My neck hurts. Even my hair hurts.

I have been popping pills (Allegra-D) to help relieve the pressure (it finally got to me), but so far that has not been very effective. Like a small, sick .. if I had a dollar every time someone said I was sick .. child, I just want to be held (Hugs not Drugs).

Of course, there can be side effects when taking any type of medication (warning: may cause nausea, fatigue, diarrhea, blurred vision, vomiting and liver damage .. no problem, doc .. I love all that stuff) and this "med" (what the pros call it) is no exception.

The decongestant (that's what the 'D' means .. I am well acquainted with this letter, but strictly in the academic sense) can cause sleeplessness (ding, ding .. we have a winner!!) and irritability (wipe that smirk off your face or I'll slap it off for you .. Mrs. Wilson).

Allegra-D should be called a "recreational drug" because about an hour after taking it I could easily go mountain climbing (of course I usually just settle for the walls .. and ceiling).

So, here I sit.

I've had no sleep to speak of and my head is still pounding. I wish someone would take a ball-peen hammer and put me out of my misery.

Great news.

Cheryl just volunteered.

"It is in the power of my hand to do you hurt."
- Genesis 31:29a

3 comments:

erin said...

Ugh, I completely empathize. I am sick too and haven't had a good night's sleep since Sunday night. Plus, Stephen's parents are here and I'm sniffling and sneezing and coughing all over the place.

Hope you feel better!

RevKev said...

You too, Erin.

Unknown said...

Go to Walgreen's or Wal-Mart and get one of those sinus rinse kits...not the nettie pot, but the squeeze bottle. It is a miracle...and a pretty gross one when you see what comes out of your nose! Ahhhh!
What a relief it is!

July 3, 2009 12:32 AM