Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dewey, Jack and RevKev .. Three Cool Cats


My daughter, son-in-law and "grandkitties" arrived in Humboldt Tuesday night around 8:30 and they will be spending a few days .. too few, if you ask me (I may have a different opinion after spending some quality time with the felines) .. in West Tennessee before returning to North Carolina.

I have always been a "dog person" and make no bones about it.

Much like comparing the subtle differences between the sexes (it is difficult to read the sarcasm in this statement .. trust me .. it was there): Dogs are from Mars. Cats are from .. wherever they choose.

Dogs are like men. All they really need to be content is to be fed, "petted" every so often, and .. no wait .. that about covers it.

Cats are like women. They are never content (if my wife reads this I won't be fed OR petted for some time).

Actually, other than liking to lounge on the table where I use to eat (Cheryl just read this) and making a snack of all our house plants, Dewey and Jack are pretty well behaved. They are prone to staying up all night (much like their mom, my daughter, Megan), but I find running a loud oscillating fan, wearing earplugs, and taking two benadryl makes me oblivious to their antics .. and the alarm clock.

Now, if I could only figure out why they can seem so content just laying there on the floor then suddenly jump up and have to run into the next room .. to lay on the floor.

Cats are curious creatures.

"Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things." - Acts 11:16a

No comments: