Friday, July 10, 2009

Keep Your Eye on the Ball


Today will tell the tale (or should that be 'tail' .. since we are talking about fish?) of whether or not this year's music camp needs a "red herring" (something to divert everyone's attention .. not a dried, smoked and salted fish .. though that would actually be both) on Sunday night.


At one o'clock we will do the final run-through of Sermon on the Mound and see if this "team" is really "ready to play" .. or should that be see if this "school" is "ready to swim" (fish or baseball reference? .. there are so many options my head is swimming like Dizzy Dean's)?


We certainly don't want to get caught "up the creek without a paddle" on Sunday evening at six o'clock (for what it's worth .. I hate these lame attempts at humor even more than you and I'll be glad to 'wave' goodbye .. oops, I did it again .. to the subject on Saturday).


From what I saw (and heard) yesterday morning, this is going to be even better than last year's musical, It's Cool in the Furnace .. if we don't have too many 'baked fishes" from being in the swimming pool all afternoon on Thursday.


Aw, I'm sure I'm just "all wet" (please help me .. I can't seem to stop) for even entertaining such a thought.


I'm pretty sure it's "safe" to say Sunday night is going to be a "home run" (okay, I'm back on baseball references).


Just you wait and .. "sea" (I'm going crazy here!!).


"The beginning of the words of his mouth is foolishness: and the end of his talk is mischievous madness."

- Ecclesiastes 10:13

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Hope you are able to post a clip. I'd love to see it. Praying for you all.

Calvary said...

I am the Children's pastor at Calvary Presbyterian Church in Los Angeles where we are preparing to perform the musical Sermon on the Mound. However, I am having trouble finding the whole musical score for it. Online we are only able to order the "singer edition."
Most churches who have performed this play use the CD as accompaniment. We would like to use live music (piano & organ).

Do you have the musical score? Is there a way our church could buy or borrow it from you all? We are scheduled to perform September 20th, 2009.

Thank you,
Becca Moran
becca.cpc@gmail.com

RevKev said...

Thanks for the prayers, Cathy. Becca, check your email.