Thursday, July 16, 2009

Laughter in the Rain


We have certainly needed "rain around these parts" (I'm practicing speaking like an old-timer since I'm fast approaching my golden years .. dang it!) and it appears we are going to get our fair share today.

It started last night right after choir rehearsal (thank you Lord for holding off until afterward .. if it had started at 6:15 PM some might have been tempted to stay at home from our six thirty rehearsal) and it rained off and on all night.

Evidently there was quite a lightning "show" going on (there may be a rerun today .. if you missed it), as well.

It's funny but (I'm in the mood for love, simply because you're near me. Funny butt, when you're near me, I'm in the mood for love ♫) we never seem to be satisfied with the weather.

When it's been dry for a long time, we pray for rain. However, if that rain comes at an inopportune time .. we sure are "fickle folk" (I seem to be getting the hang of speaking old-timer .. I'm thinking about taking it as a second language).

Prior to July 4th it was pretty parched here in West Tennessee. We wanted rain. We needed rain. However, when it started threatening to do so .. just around dark (firework shooting time) .. everyone on Facebook (my source for news and weather) was upset because they couldn't shoot firecrackers or roman candles.

Of course, I no longer have children at home to disappoint (I did my fair share of that while they were here, though). So, I didn't have to explain to little Johnny that even though we bought all these fireworks and have talked about nothing but (nothing butt .. my nickname for most of high school) for the last week .. it ain't gonna happen.

Oh well.

Everyone talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.

Except for one.

"
Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the LORD our God, that giveth rain, both the former and the latter, in his season." - Jeremiah 5:24a

No comments: