Thursday, July 30, 2009

Here We (They) Go Again


Well, the week (make that week and a couple of days .. but who's counting) has flown by and Megan, Will, Dewey and Jack (actually Jack has been with his other 'grandparents' in Martin this time around) will be traveling back to North Carolina today.

Since I was "working" (I'm there more than just Sundays and Wednesdays .. fairly often) during their stay, I didn't feel like I was able to spend much quality time with them.

When I got up to go to work, everyone .. with the exception of the cat .. was still in bed. Sometimes they were still there .. with the exception of the cat .. when I came home for lunch. This is what happens when you stay up all night reading or watching television (I'm not bitter .. just jealous).

Now, they are leaving and it will probably be Christmas before we get to see them again.

This makes me sad.

Now that my children are grown, I sort of like them (this wasn't always the case .. especially during those tumultuous teenage years).

Actually, I've always "sort of" liked them.

Drew and Megan are great "kids" (he's 25 .. she's 22 .. at what point will I look at them as adults? .. never) and they have always been the apples of my eye (much like the Apples on my desk).

When Will came along, he proved himself (after a four hour interrogation under hot lights, a battery of tests and, of course .. feats of strength) to be "Meg worthy" and was welcomed with open arms (real men hug).

Even though Dewey and Jack are cats (shhh .. they think they are human) and I'm really a "dog person," I've grown to love them, as well.

By this evening, the house will be empty (Cheryl is still here, but she doesn't really talk that much) again.

However, many wonderful memories .. and tons of cat hair .. will remain.

"For every creature of God is good." - I Timothy 4:4a

No comments: