Thursday, July 9, 2009

Go Fish .. Go Figure


Today is going to be another busy one.

It is day four of F.I.S.H. and the children will be doing some pretty intense rehearsing in preparation for Sunday's presentation of Sermon on the Mound.

"Miss Karen" (our musical director) and crew have done a great job with the boys and girls this week. Every worker has an assigned task such as recreation, drama, hand motions, daily devotions .. isn't that the name of a talk show host on the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN)?? .. etc.

Me?

I'm just a glorified 'go for' (also on TBN .. a character from the animated children's series, Glorified Gopher and Friends) and "figurehead" who takes the credit when it's all been said (or rather .. sung) and done.

It is a tough job, but someone has to do it.

Tonight is also the regular (PTL .. I have been lately) monthly meeting of our senior adults, the Youth of Yesterday (YYs) at 6:00 PM. This is a well organized group (they have their own officers, committees, etc.) and again .. I'm just a "figurehead."

Interestingly, our last outing was to a south Jackson restaurant to eat .. fish.

So today I get to hang out with the young and the old (kids and codgers).

I feel right at home with both.

"I have been young, and now am old" - Psalm 37:25a

No comments: