Friday, December 18, 2009

Assorted Fruits and Nuts


Tonight is our annual Christmas party (with the exception of last year .. I'm not sure what happened) for the office staff of First Baptist Church in Humboldt.

You've all heard "horror stories" I'm sure about end of the year parties that got out of hand resulting in regret .. and shame.

Don't worry.

This will not be one of those .. at least the "shame" part (I can't speak to the 'regret' aspect at this time .. check back in the morning).

I'm not sure if you can technically use the term "party" with a group of Baptist church office personnel.

There'll be no drinking (Dr. Pepper is considered the 'hard stuff' at this gathering), smoking (unless someone smokes a turkey .. unlikely .. it's too much trouble trying to roll one of those things), cussing (bad language is frowned upon .. so bite your tongue, Pamela) or dancing (a dancing foot and a praying knee don't belong on the same leg).

We will simply be ordering pizza and sitting around enjoying one another's company.

I give it forty five minutes .. tops.

"Gather yourselves together ..." - Genesis 49:2a

1 comment:

Tom T. Kitty said...

You should come to my Fourth of July party...fireworks and lots of smoking...smoke bombs. Plus the cops used to get called at least twice...until my neighbors moved. haha