Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve


Today is special in at least four ways:
  • There will be a Blue Moon (once in a blue moon we have a .. blue moon. Tonight is the night for that phenomenon .. I suppose it will see me standing there, without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own .. Blue Moon)
  • It is the last day of 2009 (a reminder that I was not able to keep even one of the new year's resolutions I made on January 1 .. In 2010 my only resolution will be 1680 x 1050, 60 Hz .. I'll explain it later, mom)
  • It is the last day of the decade (remember Y2K? .. I do .. I still have 50 gallons of water, two chain saws, a generator, firearms and enough ammunition to hold off looters for a week)
  • It is my parents' wedding anniversary (Happy Anniversary, Budgie and Peg!! .. sorry this is all you get .. there's no card or gift .. however, Dick Clark has a rather large televised celebration in your honor tonight .. too bad you'll already be in bed .. I'll DVR it for you)
2009 had its share of UPs (way to go Pixar .. another great CG film) and DOWNs (Hugh is 88 years young). However, all in all ...

It was a very good year.

As we ring out the old and ring in the new, may we be keenly aware of God's presence and ask for His divine guidance as we face the challenges of a new year and decade.

Guide me, O Thou Great Jehovah.

"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me." - Psalm 31:3

No comments: