Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Insanity Clause


Call me crazy, but I'm speaking again today .. yes, it's to another group of senior adults (the XYZ Club) .. at Ellendale Baptist Church in Bartlett.

Since they invite me back every year (today could easily put a stop to that foolishness) I suppose technically you should call them crazy.

The challenge of "return engagements" is finding new and fresh material so the audience doesn't have to hear the "same old .. same old."

It ain't happin' this time.

I've done everything that can possibly be done .. jokes, skits, music, reading entries from my blog ... You name it. I've done it.

So, in honor of the holiday season .. I will recycle my jokes and (hopefully) the crowd will "repeat the sounding joy" (as opposed to just 'repeating' .. maybe there won't be any white beans or sweet potatoes).

Since rerunning old movies (The Bells of Saint Mary's, White Christmas, Holiday Inn) and television specials (A Charlie Brown Christmas, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer) is the norm this time of year, perhaps I can start my own Christmas tradition of performing the same exact comedy routine.

Of course, with senior adults you can tell the same story over and over again and (if they have a good sense of humor) they will still laugh.

That's because they can't remember it from the last time .. thank goodness.

"Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old." - Isaiah 43:18

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Kevin, your old stuff is still good stuff. I wish you were still with us. Mitzi's new baby girl is going to b baby Jesus this week-end at church. Lil Beau told me that she can't do that cause Jesus was a boy.