Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Bah! Stomach Bug!


I'm not sure if it was an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of underdone potato or something else entirely. However, I do know the "chills" and "thrills" of a stomach virus are no laughing matter.

Cheryl went through the very same thing recently and she was weak for .. a week.

It appears .. knock on wood .. my ailment was more of the 36 to 48 hour variety and I actually feel like eating something substantial (man can not live on POWERADE and bananas alone) this morning.

There are lots of things I have tried to pass on to my children.

This is not one of them.

Hopefully, my daughter and son-in-law who arrived Sunday night (it was at the lowest point and I had already started saying my 'goodbyes' to family and friends .. ♪♫ I'm moving on up .. to the Eastside♪♫) will escape, unscathed from this dreaded affliction.

When Scrooge encountered the Ghost of Christmas Future, he exclaimed, "I fear you more than any spectre I have seen" ... "I am prepared to bear your company."

I can honestly say there are some things in life far more frightening than being visited by your dead partner and three other ghosts (that's a cakewalk) and nothing can adequately prepare you for it (although Phenergan does help with the nausea).

Being haunted by the stomach flu .. now that's scary.

"My bowels boiled, and rested not." - Job 30:27a

No comments: